VICSWIM seeks to ensure that all Victorians have the opportunity to access water safety, survival and swimming programs (for both children and adults), that maximize safety and attitudes ensuring confidence and the ability to enjoy aquatic environments
'Summer Kidz' is a long standing, proven program offered for one, two or three weeks during the January school holidays, at pools and open water venues throughout Victoria. Conducted by qualified and experienced teachers, and with small class sizes for enhanced learning, the intensive five-day programs cater for participants of all ages and abilities and are supported by the Victorian Government's 'Play it Safe by the Water' campaign.
VICSWIM at open water venues in particular has become extremely popular, allowing participants to enjoy the open water experience in a safe and educational environment. During lessons participants may also use different equipment such as flippers, body board, mask and snorkel. All equipment will be supplied if necessary.
Children must be four (4) years of age by the starting date of the chosen program in order to enrol.
There is no maximum age limit (adults are welcome to enrol)
- Every participant will receive one 40-minute class each day for the five (5) day program they are enrolled in.
- Classes are conducted at indoor and outdoor pools and open water locations.
- Classes will be run between the times indicated for each venue on the venues list.
- Participants are grouped in classes according to their swimming ability, not age.
- Classes of similar ability are sometimes combined due to limited numbers. If so, teachers are instructed to teach each participant according to their swimming ability. (Please note that this will not be done in levels A & B, where possible.)
Enrolment in VICSWIM Summer Kidz 2014 is $25 per participant, which includes one 40-minute class each day for the five (5) day program.
Please note that the $25 enrolment price does not include daily pool entry fees. Please refer to Venues for any participant and / or spectator entry fees that may apply at your preferred venue.